Summer camp is the highlight of the Scouting year! Camp McKee offers one of the best summer camp programs around, including a top-tier first year camper program and over fifty merit badges. For more information, or to make a reservation for your troop/crew, please contact Susan at the council office: 859-231-7811 or SusanAnn.Stone@scouting.org.
In 2023, the Blue Grass Council will be offering three weeks of in-person summer camp.
- Week 1: June 18-24
- Week 2: June 25-July 1
- Week 3: July 2-8
2023 Leader’s Guide
The 2023 Summer Camp Leader’s Guide is now available! The Leader’s Guide contains the information you need to know about summer camp, including all pre-requisites. All forms can be downloaded and printed from the Leader’s Guide.
New for 2023 – Top Gun Trek Experience
July 10-14, 2023
The Blue Grass Council BSA Trek Program is an opportunity for Scouts who are experienced in canoeing/kayaking, bicycling, and backpacking to participate in challenging and more in-depth activities with a National Camp School Certified Trek Leader. Scouting skills, mental, emotional, and physical fitness, applying the Scout Oath and Law to these activities will be required. Treks will involve kayaking, mountain biking, and backpacking; the trek may include climbing and rappelling. Activities will take place at Camp McKee and Red River Gorge. Registration for this experience is limited to only 8 Scouts.
*Pre-requisites and leader approval required (see form for more details)
Cost: $400 – deposit of $100 due by May 1st, 2023
*Selection process might occur if more than eight Scouts sign up. Anyone not selected will receive a full refund.
See below for a complete list of forms, available for download in the Leader’s Guide.
- Troop/Crew Forms
- Campsite Reservation Form – Page 38
- Unit Roster Form – Page 45
- First Installment Payment Form – Due March 20, 2023 – Page 41
- Final Payment Form – Due May 15, 2023 – Page 43
- Individual Forms
- Campership Application for Financial Assistance – Due by March 20 – Page 39
- Special Dietary Needs Form – Page 51
- Provisional Camper Registration Form – Page 40
- This program allows Scouts to attend summer camp even if they can’t attend with their troop. Provisional campers will be placed with a host troop which is attending camp the same week.
- Program Forms and Information
- Pioneer Scouts Merit Badge Schedule – Page 21
- Regular Merit Badge Schedule – Page 22
- Merit Badge Class Pre-requisites – Page 23
- Merit Badge Class Worksheet – Page 46
- Honor Program Record Sheet – Page 53
- Unit Swim Classification Record Sheet – Page 47
Summer Camp Staff
Being on summer camp staff is an adventure unique in Scouting! Staff members are responsible for preparing, running, and supporting the camp program. Only on camp staff can you spend a summer at Camp McKee, making friends and learning valuable skills and get paid for it!